Ubiquiti NVR and cameras – solving adoption woes
Finally Ubiquiti got their supply chains started up – and I sprung for the Ubiquiti NVR and a set of cameras.
The cameras look great (I’ll update with some photos later), at first glance looking well made and quite solid.
Getting them “adopted” by the NVR was a real pain. Two were discovered immediately, the other two.. well here’s my reminder post on that.
My troubleshooting list:
- usual POE fun: port status, POE injector status, cable swap.
- is the camera online, IP address?
- port scan of the camera, are tcp22, tcp80 (ssh/web) open?
- web browse to the camera, can you log in?
- physical reset of the cameras (paper clip, 10 seconds, reboot)
- set the upstream NVR manually through the camera config
This was buried on the Ubiquiti support site:
UniFi Protect – Adopt devices – Ubiquiti Support and Help Center