The process and change control for the build/rebuild is pretty straight-forward now.
Updated the main archive server from Windows Server 2008 R2 to Windows Server 2012 Release Candidate. Looks great – some nice features – and it seems to be faster than the previous version.
Also this blog is hosted as a SUSE Linux web server running on top of Hyper-V on top of Windows Server 2012 RC. Performance is solid. No issues to date.
I’ve said it before – but hopefully there’s more to blog about again.
Less confidential stuff; lots more around Private Cloud and datacenter transformation.
Firstly – it’s been too long without posting here. Lots of reasons, lots of excuses – mainly workload and not having anything public to blog about.
Secondly – I’ve changes roles inside Microsoft – moving from Business Development (where nothing is public or bloggable) and into customer facing enterprise strategy.
The role is a great fit – and it takes me back to what I love – working and interacting directly with customers.
I’ll write more about the role and the experience in the next few days.
I’ve not blogged about WordPress patches and updates for a while – I’ve been just that busy.
This weekend another two patches – for 2.2.x and 2.0.x
So far so good – easy and clean updates.
Worth an upgrade too – looking at the code changes there seems to be a lot of additional checking and url handling safety.
I’ve been demoing ZENworks Configuration Management to partners across Europe for two weeks with no problems at all. Mainly running a live demo from my set of servers at home.
It’s risky – I might have a power outage, WAN outage, local issues – but so far so good.
I’ve also got a fully virtualised demo on my laptop incase things go bad.
Today both failed.
Internet access was via an authenticated proxy – and for some reason I couldn’t connect to my servers at home. Then my virtual demo started to get sick. Firefox kept hanging, Windows went slow, DNS stopped working. It all pointed to a networking conflict of some sort.
Eventually the technical team opened up their firewall so I didn’t need a proxy – and the demo looks great.
Two things I’ve learned again:
- if something is going to fail – it will do. Big time.
- always have a plan C (death by powerpoint) and maybe a plan D…
My IMAP patch got included in the latest update to Copfilter.
- fix: fixes from various copfilter forum users (see the bugs section in the forum or
CHANGELOG for the details), most important ones are mentioned below
- fix: fix in cron.daily (it could hang) – thx DaPinky
- fix: IMAP Buffer increase (it could hang) – thx evilzenscientist
- fix: deleting a huge amount of mails from the spam quarantine is now possible – thx mdages
- fix: proxsmtp/tmp could get filled up without removal of old files – thx Alevizos Dimitrios
- new: ability to sort spam quarantine by columns (ex. by score level) – thx taurus
Nice to see my stuff make it 🙂 Officially “I don’t write code”